Date:      Thu, 28 Aug 2008 11:16:42 +0000 (UTC)
From:      naddy@mips.inka.de (Christian Weisgerber)
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SATA disks no longer showing up after updating CURRENT last night

Pascal Hofstee <caelian@gmail.com> wrote:

> Subject: Re: SATA disks no longer showing up after updating CURRENT last night
> The onboard nVidia MCP55 SATA controller is still probed and attached [...]

This is likely the same problem I reported here five days ago,
thread subject "No root filesystem".  The culprit is this commit:

  SVN rev 181987 on 2008-08-22 02:14:23Z by jhb
  Extend the support for PCI-e memory mapped configuration space access:

jhb has since tried to figure out why this causes the breakage.