Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 2000 12:44:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Jason J. Horton" <jason@intercom.com>
To:        Rossen Raykov <rraykov@sageian.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SB AWE64 nightmar

> I have SB AWE64 Gold and I'm running FreeBDS 4.1.
> I try to enable the SB but without any success.
> What drivers/options I have to add to the GENERIC kernel to enable it?

I have the exact same card, I use the following:
device          pcm

build a new kernel, reboot, and run MAKDEV in /dev
You can check to see if things are working by doing a "cat /dev/sndstat"
You should get something like:
# cat /dev/sndstat
FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm) Aug  7 2000 12:55:11
Installed devices:
pcm0: <SB DSP 4.16> at io 0x220 irq 5 drq 1:5 (1p/1r channels duplex)

	-J