Date:      Fri, 7 May 1999 22:25:34 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Douglas Carmichael <dcarmich@xnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Do you guys run your ThinkPads with FreeBSD only or FreeBSD/Windoze?

> I'm considering getting a ThinkPad 600E to run FreeBSD 3.x and I'd like to
> get your opinions on it.
>
> 1) Do any of you run yours in "dangerously dedicated" mode with FreeBSD or
>    do you have to keep Windoze around to configure the ThinkPad?

I'm running both, but I'm also running 2.2.8 on my box instead of 3.X.

> 2) How will does it work with PAO3? (any glitches??)

No idea.  It runs great in 2.2.8 if you merge in the very simple changes
for CardBus bridge probing from 3.*.

> 3) Does XFree86 work on it or do you have to purchase AccelX?

XFree86 works great.

The CD works, the PCMCIA stuff (no CardBus support in any FreeBSD
release yet), APM seems to work (although I haven't tried it much).
However, I haven't gotten sound to work yet.  It panics when I use a
line someone else sent me, and I haven't been motivated to figure out
what the problem is.

Nate