Date:      Wed, 17 Feb 1999 22:51:38 +0300 (MSK)
From:      "Hisam H. Ilyasov" <ilyasov@ipmnet.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

 When I boot my FreeBSD 3.0-RELEASE visual configuration tool reports about
 one of my ethernet cards (and names it ed0).
 Kernel works with both ethernet cards, but names it ed2 and ed3.
 If I configure in kernel one ethernet card, kernel names it ed1!
 Why such numbering occurs?

I have:
 1) Celeron 333 with Iwill/BX chipset motherboard
 2) 2 ethernet cards Compex RL2000
 3) 2 additional com ports on ISA card

 My interrupt map:

 irq	device

 1 	console

 3	com2
 4	com1
 5	com3
 6	floppy
 7	parallel port

 9	com4
 10	video
 11	ethernet card 1
 12	PS -port (mouse)
 13	math (npx)
 14	IDE0 controller (primary)
 15	ethernet card 2

 (Secondary IDE controller is disabled on the motherboard, so I can use
  int 15)

  In kernel configuration I use:

  device ed0 at pci? vector edintr
  device ed1 at pci? vector edintr