Date:      28 Mar 2001 11:54:17 SGT
From:      KESHAV TADIMETI <tadimetikeshav@usa.net>
To:        freeBSD-questions@freeBSD.org
Subject:   new (and scared!!)

Hello,
I am trying to come to grips with FreeBSD. I have a FreeBSD (version 2.2.=
5).
(Here in SIngapore it is hard to find FreeBSD distributions). =

I have the following questions:
1. Is this reserved for experienced UNIX professionals - I mean the
installation? FreeBSD requires that we supply the IRQ numbers. My BIOS ha=
s IRQ
detection set to AUTO mode. Does anyone have a pdf version of the 'HANDBO=
OK'.
For those who do not have an internet connection, it can be a harrowing
experience to install w/o a manual. =

2. Performance-wise is it better than RedHat based clones? =

3. If no,why choose FreeBSD at all?

If I have asked the wrong Qns or asked them in the wrong place, I'd appre=
ciate
it if you could direct me to the right place.

T&R
TK