Date:      Sun, 7 Jul 1996 08:39:09 -0200 (GMT)
From:      Syntichakis Christopher <otto@hol.gr>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Printer & Sound (strange) problem

Hi!

When I boot the FreeBSD from the HD after a hardware reset, I have no
sound , and the printer takes ages to print ... (ie it prints a line,
then pauses for two-three seconds, and continues...)
But when I am booting the FreeBSD from MS-DOS, (and running the soundcard
init program) via FBSDBOOT.EXE , I have sound , and the printer works
ok.........

Note : my soundcard is SB PRO compatible, (with MAD16 OPTI chip).
The m/board is a SOYO 5TC5 (P133) 8MB 256K P/line burst cache.
I have not any conflict with the devices (I've checked them with the
'boot -c' )
(FreeBsd v.2.1)

Any ideas ?

Regards