Date:      Tue, 20 Mar 2001 17:29:28 -0500
From:      "Otter" <otterr@telocity.com>
To:        "'Peter'" <fbsdq@yahoo.com>, <ecolburn@seeitfirst.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: 4.3 FreeBSD

uuummmm... no. "make world" is the same as "make buildworld && make
installworld". As i understand it, the Powers That Be have said that
the proper way to do it is as follows:

(do your cvsup to your branch of choice)
make buildworld
make buildkernel KERNCONF=<your kernel config file>
make installkernel KERNCONF=<your kernel config file>
(or you could just "make kernel KERNCONF=<conf file>" instead of
build+install steps)
make installworld
mergemaster
reboot

Serve with a shot of Tequila and a slice of lime. Enjoy.
-Otter