Date:      Tue, 29 Jan 2002 17:42:27 +0100
From:      Robert Suetterlin <robert@mpe.mpg.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   on make world and synchronity of /sys/<arch>/include /usr/include/sys

Hello again!

As complete list of information as I could gather concerning answers
to my orignal post:

I use cvsup-16.1_3 to update src-all, then I init 0 do a make world which
compiles all system tools, etc. and installs them, but not the
kernel nor does it make the kernel.  I checked that.  Then I do
make KENRCONF=MYK buildkernel , make (KERNCONF=MYK installkernel,
mergemaster, reboot.

So now how is the right way to check consistency between the kernel
include files used by my kernel build and the ones made public in
/usr/include/sys ?  I guess I just miss the point here and cannot
judge if my include files are out of sync or not.

P.S.:  The original problem I had using arla was the folowing:
Everything compiled ok from port (and tarball), startarla loaded
the modules, mounted the /afs and started arlad ok.  I could list
/afs but could neither ls nor cd any of its subdirectories.  I asked
the programmers of arla what was up and they provided me with a
pre-compiled package.  Using that precompiled package I was able
to list arbitrary subdirectories of /afs, cd into those I had the
rights to, copy to and from afs, etc. ... I asked about the possible
cause (their compile system and my use system where both FreeBSD-4.5RC)
and they proposed checking if I used the right system include files
while compiling arla myself.

--
Robert Suetterlin (robert@mpe.mpg.de)
phone: (+49)89 / 30000-3546   fax: (+49)89 / 30000-3950