Date:      Tue, 11 Aug 1998 09:53:40 +0200
From:      Marius Bendiksen <Marius.Bendiksen@scancall.no>
To:        Scott <scott@SchematiX.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Huge Bug in FreeBSD not fixed?

>I would like to know if other systes are vulnerable as well. I discussed
>this matter on IRC and everyone said they had similar problems. This bug
>needs to be addressed soon. I would HATE switching to linux because my
>system keeps crashing.

I experienced the same thing, with someone on IRC threatening to take down
my box. Of course, I laughed at him, but then my box went down. He also
said he was going to attack freefall, and that would _certainly_ be bad
news. He was running Linux, as I recall.
---
Marius Bendiksen, IT-Trainee, ScanCall AS