Date:      Mon, 11 Apr 2011 10:53:42 -0400
From:      Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@msu.edu>
To:        Stefan N <stefanbsdfan@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Christer Solskogen <christer.solskogen@gmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question : Developing/Making FreeBSD derivative.

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 06:56:53AM -0700, Stefan N wrote:

> Hi Christer,
>
> As there are many parts of the source
> code(from bin,cddl,contrib......usr.sbin),
> which part(s) of source code do I need to modify?

That is a strange question.   I guess the answer is 'Yes'

It depends on what you want to be changed in your new version.

For example, I would guess that you would take an interest in making
your own user environment/interface.   Well, that would involve doing
stuff from X11 most likely and most probably more of configuration
changes than code changes.

Then there is a whole long list of things people want added/fixed/
modified on the system.   You might want to check that out for
ideas.

Probably you need to learn a lot more about the existing system
before you go to making a custom version.

////jerry