Date:      Sun, 10 Jun 2001 15:15:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matt Peterson <matt@peterson.org>
To:        Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: WiFi / ESSID and wi0

In short, an ESSID = a group of SSID's (common network name shared across
multiple AP's for roaming support).  Since they're providing AP's, put
your card into BSS (wicontrol -p 1) mode and explicitly specify the network
name (wicontrol -n "DMTF").

--Matt Peterson
  Bay Area Wireless Users Group <http://www.bawug.org/>;