Date:      Fri, 13 Jul 2001 11:04:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG (Bill Paul)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   NatSemi DP83820 gigE driver kit for 4.2 and 4.3

For those who have gigabit ethernet NICs based on the National
Semiconductor DP83820 and DP83821 controller chips and want to use
them with FreeBSD 4.2 and 4.3, there is a driver kit now available
at the following URL:

        http://www.freebsd.org/~wpaul/National/dp83820_drv.tar.gz

This kit contains source and precompiled KLD modules for both the
x86 and alpha platforms. This driver supports the following cards:

        SMC EZ Card 1000 (SMC9462TX)
        D-Link DGE-500T
        Asante FriendlyNet GigaNIX 1000TA and 1000TPC
        Addtron AEG320T
        LinkSys EG1032 (32-bit PCI) and EG1064 (64-bit PCI)
        Surecom Technology EP-320G-TX
        Netgear GA622T

These cards are all extremely cheap (some can be had for under $100)
and fairly easy to find. (I now have one in my workstation.) They could
potentially become extremely popular, which is why I'm making a driver
retrofit kit available. Anyone running a recent 4-STABLE or 5.0-CURRENT
system should already have the necessary driver support.

Note that you must have the kernel sources installed to recompile the
driver.

Share and enjoy!

-Bill