Date:      Mon, 13 Aug 2001 10:50:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@neomedia.it>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bin/29675: lint fails on stdio.h

The following reply was made to PR bin/29675; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@neomedia.it>
To: Walter Campbell <wcampbel@botbay.net>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 19:40:23 +0200 (CEST)

 >>Number:         29675
 >>Category:       bin
 >>Synopsis:       lint fails on stdio.h
 >>Confidential:   no
 >>Severity:       non-critical
 >>Environment:
 >System: FreeBSD botbay.net 4.3-STABLE FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE #0: Fri Jul 27
 >11:53:35 EDT 2001 root@botbay.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/KABEL i386

 >Also checked with current cvsup (as of 11h03 EDT)

 >lint(1) will fail on C files that include stdio.h

 AFAIK, or rather, AFAICROTL (As Far As I Can Read On The Lists), lint(1) has
 not been [actively] mantained for quite a while. You may wish to search the
 archives for this topic.

 AFAICS, instead of lint(1), gcc options are used. You maight want to take a
 look at the Warning options in gcc(1).

 HTH (<gasp> yet another acronym :-)),
 Salvo