Date:      Sun, 6 Jul 2008 15:30:37 +0200
From:      Gary Jennejohn <gary.jennejohn@freenet.de>
To:        PryMaL <prymal@tf2dreamteam.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, onatan@gmail.com
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: linux-foldingathome-5.04

On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 19:03:54 +0000
PryMaL <prymal@tf2dreamteam.com> wrote:

> I'm having problems with this port running.
> I am hopeful someone can help, once I have installed this port and run
> /usr/local/bin/FoldingAtHome
> to execute the file, I have syntax errors as below.
>
> [mini-prymal 18:51] / >/usr/local/bin/FoldingAtHome
> mkdir: /home/prymal/.fah: File exists

This is normal when the directory already exists.  Actually, the script
should probably use mkdir -p.

> ELF binary type "3" not known.
> //usr/local/share/foldingathome/FAH504-Linux.exe: 1: Syntax error: "("
> unexpected

This means that the kernel didn't recognize this as a Linux binary and
tried to run it as a shell script.

> Is anyone able to assist with this please?

I installed this port and it runs without any errors on my 8-current
system with compat.linux.osrelease set to 2.6.16 and linux_base-f8-8.

Some questions - do you have Linux support enabled in your kernel
and in /etc/rc.conf?  Which Linux base port are you using?  Is linprocfs
mounted?

It might also be useful to know just which version of FreeBSd you're
using.

---
Gary Jennejohn