Date:      Sat, 15 Jun 1996 13:07:31 +0300 (IDT)
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@cs.technion.ac.il>
To:        questions@frebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Install hangs when copying files.

I have a DEC Venturis 5100, 32MB RAM, two EIDE disks (one as wd0, the
other wd2), and an EIDE CDROM (on the first controller).

I used to have Win95 and FreeBSD-2.1.0R on it. About two weeks ago, Win95
crashed real bad, and the BIOS said I have to reconfigure the system.
After resetting almost all BIOS settings to default, I got Win95 to boot,
but FreeBSD wouldn't.

I am now reinstalling FreeBSD (after removing the old partitions) and the
machine hangs dead after copying about 10% of bin with the drive light on.
The output vty doesn't show any errors, and the sysmptoms are the same
both for CDROM installation and MSDOS-partition installation. I tried
installting it as  a second partition on the same disk with Win95, or on
a disk of its own. No luck both ways.

Nadav