Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 2002 08:38:14 -0700
From:      Darren Pilgrim <dmp@pantherdragon.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   tunefs parameters for a 120GB volume?

I got a new 120GB hard disk today, and I want to make one huge 120GB
volume out of it.  I know that when you get into huge volumes that you
have to start adjusting the tunefs parameters, otherwise you run out of
inodes.  Since I really don't have much clue about how to tweak the
tweakables in a productive fashion, I'll explain the contents.  A file
archive.  60-70% of the file count is MP3s and movie files.  15% or so
is MIDI files.  The rest is programs and installers, mods, and images.
The file count/disk usage trends have me filling the archive at around
90,000-110,000 files.