Date:      Wed, 22 Aug 2007 16:58:56 +0300
From:      Kalnz <kalnz@kalnz.id.lv>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   pam _start: system error

Hi!

After installing (in the jail) mysql-server-5.0.45 from ports,
I can`t get up and running my mysql server.
I have to point out that this problem is only inside the jail.
All I have is:
1) clean mysql-server install
2) default my.cnf (small systems)
3) mysql_enable="YES"

After this server should run, but it didn`t, so I get this:

# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server start
Starting mysql.
su: pam_start: system error
#

In the logs there is:
su: in openpam_load_module(): no pam_unix.so found
su: pam_start: system error

In fact pam_unix.so file is present in /usr/lib directory.
I`m sure this is because of jail, but I can`t figure out what could be
the problem.

I`ve allready googled and did some search on this but without success:(
Any help would be apriciated.

Best Regards

--
Edmunds aka Kalnz