Date:      Tue, 11 May 1999 18:09:56 +1000 (EST)
From:      John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        jkh@zippy.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        paul@originative.co.uk, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Re: Request For Better Communications]

Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> > I'm sure I've seen fairings being used in commit messages recently, have we
> > adopted it as part of the FreeBSD jargon, what does it mean in that context?
>
> It's thrown out in discussion whenever a completely nonsensical
> argument in one's favor(?) is called for, I.E. at the end of a really
> long thread for which the outcome is no longer even cared about since
> everyone is now so sick of it or in rebuttal to another nonsensical
> argument ("Change the loader to look for /kernel.pl?  What about fairings?").

Well for those of us who have bikes with fairings, it does mean something,
just not in the context used on FreeBSD lists. So I ask, what about the
fairing on the Hayabusa?!! 8-)

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137