Date:      Wed, 20 Oct 1999 22:09:53 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        Nassar Carnegie <tracc@mail.abraxis.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Syscons

On Wed, Oct 20, 1999 at 11:37:25AM -0500, Nassar Carnegie wrote:
> Does anyone know of a correct way to get an image to load at boot
> up. I've followed the instructions and loaded the configurations in
> /boot/loader.rc
>
> What is the default bitmap *.ko or *.bmp?

Not sure what you mean. There is no *default* bitmap, you have to
provide your own. .ko files are the kernel loadable modules.

Here's my /boot/loader.rc for reference:

load /kernel
load vesa
load -t userconfig_script /kernel.config
load -t splash_image_data /dawn.bmp
load splash_bmp
autoboot

STATE-OF-THE-ART: Any computer you can't afford.
OBSOLETE: Any computer you own.