Date:      Tue, 17 Jun 2014 19:51:48 +0200
From:      Willy Marshall <willy.marshall.1891@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Building a single module, MK_ARM_EABI

Hi,

I'd like to rebuild a single kernel module after making slight tweeks
to it. I've read from multiple sources that I should be able to do
that by changing directory to /usr/src/sys/modules/<module> and using
make.

When I try that, make comes out with the error:

make: "/usr/share/mk/bsd.own.mk" line 457: MK_ARM_EABI can't be set by a user.

I've been trying the new approach to kernel building with success. I'm
on amd64 and have no interrest in arm whatsoever. The error comes up
with multiple (maybe all?) modules. I've tried creating an
"/etc/src.conf" with

WITHOUT_ARM_EABI=yes

That didn't seem to change anything.

Am I missing something?