Date:      Tue, 24 Jul 2001 11:14:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        "G. Jason Middleton" <gmiddl1@gl.umbc.edu>
Cc:        Questions list <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: installing BSD on scsi drives

Sounds like a problem with either your CD-ROM or floppy drive, or a
problem with the MB.  One of my machines boots from SCSI and contains
other ATA drives.  Three of my other systems are entirely SCSI.  I've
never seen a problem reading the kernel from boot media.  One thing I did
have to do when adding a 12 18 GB drive shelf was upgrade my controller
firmware (Adpatec 2940UW2 --> 2.20).

Joe Clarke