Date:      Tue, 27 Mar 2001 19:58:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ken Bolingbroke <hacker@bolingbroke.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Building Ports w/o Gnome?

Increasingly, I find that ports are requiring Gnome, even though the
target application isn't a Gnome app.  I run KDE, and have no particular
desire for unused Gnome cruft on my system.  I've been able to install
some ports without the Gnome port dependencies by editing out the Gnome
references in the port Makefile, but that's a kludge.  Is there a flag I
can set somewhere that will kill the unneeded Gnome dependencies when I
install these ports?

Ken