Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 2000 12:03:17 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jonathan Smith <jonsmith@dragonstar.dhs.org>
To:        igorr@crosswinds.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: apm and X

On the subject of getting X4 to blank the screen like the system console,

> man xset
> and search for "dpms" (without quotes)

I tried various combinations of 'xset dpms force off' and 'xset dpms force
suspend', neither of which worked.  What bothers me more than this not
working is that this (appears) completely isolated from apm, which means
that I would have to connect it in /etc/apmd.conf (or whichever).  I would
think more people have wanted apm to kill the screen in X than just I, so
I wonder if there's some other way that people are in fact using.

j.