Date:      Sun, 23 May 1999 09:31:52 +1200
From:      Joe Abley <jabley@clear.co.nz>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Cc:        jabley@clear.co.nz
Subject:   mail to news gateways

Hi all,

Anybody have any recommendations for mailing list <--> newsgroup gateways?
I've been looking at a combination of a procmail script to handle messages
in the list -> group direction, and news2mail in the INN distribution to
handle messages the other way.

It's up and running, but I needed to install some hacks to prevent loops --
and I'm sure I haven't thought of all the hacks I need off the top of my
head.

Is there proven code to provide a bidirectional list <--> group gateway?

[and no, this is not for gating any of the FreeBSD lists]

Joe