Date:      Thu, 17 Jun 1999 09:53:52 +1000
From:      Jim Mock <jim@blues.ghis.net>
To:        Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
Cc:        "Mr. M" <mistrM@gtemail.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Amusing: LinuxCountry site runs on FreeBSD :)

On Wed, 16 Jun 1999 at 16:45:26 -0600, Brett Taylor wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Jun 1999, Mr. M wrote:
[snip..]
> > If you want to see FreeBSD become more popular you have to make
> > more resources available to people so it will be much easier for
> > them to learn.
>
> I started from scratch w/ 2.1.7 and I've been running it since
> then.  Yes, the learning curve was steep, but frankly the -questions
> mailing list and the Handbook were enough for me to figure out how
> to get things working right.  Any other info I needed was from man
> pages or Unix for the Impatient.
>
> If you want more docs/books, help write them.  I'm sure that
> FreeBSD-zine would be happy to receive info/tutorials as would
> Daemon News (I'm a co-editor).

Thanks Brett, I couldn't have said it better myself.  Every month I
end up pestering folks for articles.. and for the number who write,
twice as many complain about the lack of docs available.

I'm more than happy to put out anything I receive because every little
bit helps.  So instead of whining about the lack of docs, write some.

--
- Jim Mock - jim@blues.ghis.net - systems administrator - ghis.NET -
- work: http://www.ghis.net/ - personal: http://www.ghis.net/~jim/ -