Date:      Tue, 10 Jul 2001 17:21:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Mike G." <mike_garcia_m3@yahoo.com>
To:        Francisco Reyes <lists@natserv.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions List <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: DSL providers supporting FreeBSD

Thanks Francisco.  I have ADSL with an internal modem (Intel
Pro/DSL 2100).  I'll look into that router you suggested too.
I'm also considering the Cisco 675, which I hear is pretty good.
 Is the only reason I cannot use my internal modem due to lack
of driver support in FreeBSD?  I guess that would make sense
since I had to install software on windows to get it running.

I was looking through the FreeBSD FAQ today and it seems like
I'll have to configure my connection using PPP.  Is that
correct?

Also is this an accurate statement; my phone line will go into
the external router which will then run into my network card
that will have to be configured when setting up FreeBSD.  Then
the ethernet card will connect to my hub for my local network.
I'm I close on that?  Thats the way I have my internal modem
setup now, except of course that the modem is inside the box.

thanks for your help,
Mike