Date:      Tue, 17 Sep 2002 11:17:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Archie Cobbs <archie@dellroad.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   pkg_add and /var/db/pkg directory name bug

Hi,

[ FYI I don't subscribe to this list so please CC: me on any replies.
  Also, my apologies if this is already known and/or fixed. ]

I have two machines updated to 4.7-PRERELEASE as of a few days ago.
Both machines have a CVS updated ports tree.

I built and installed some ports on machine A, then created packages
from these installed ports via "pkg_create -b foo-1.2.3". Then I copied
the resulting tarballs to machine B and installed them with the command
"pkg_install foo-1.2.3.tgz".

The problem is that the directory created in /var/db/pkg is named
"foo-1.2.3.tbz" instead of "foo-1.2.3" .. is that correct? It seems
to make the package not be found when looked for as a dependency.

Thanks,
-Archie