Date:      Fri, 4 Jun 2004 10:53:16 +0200
From:      Guido Kollerie <gkoller@inter.nl.net>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   raidutil: Engine connect failed: Open

--n8g4imXOkfNTN/H1

I have an ADAPTEC 2400A installed in my server. Every night I run
the following job from cron:

    /usr/local/dpt/raidutil -L all

and have its output emailed to me. This seemed to worked fine for
quite a while, however last night I received the following output
=66rom this job:

    Engine connect failed: Open

What's causing this and how can I resolve it?

I have searched the web for a cause and solution, but apart from
a similar, unanswered, question asked in 2002 on this list I
haven't found anything.

The obligatory 'uname -a' output:

    FreeBSD kollerie.com 4.9-RELEASE-p3 FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE-p3 #2: Wed Mar =
 3 14:41:19 CET 2004     toor@kollerie.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/KOLLERIE  i=
386

Thanks, Guido

--n8g4imXOkfNTN/H1