Date:      Thu, 19 Jun 2003 07:47:15 -0700
From:      Michael Sierchio <kudzu@tenebras.com>
To:        Hendrik Scholz <hscholz@raisdorf.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Redundant link configuration

Hendrik Scholz wrote:

> Have a look at the ng_one2many module. The manpage comes with a nice
> example and offers the needed featuers.

NG_ONE2MANY(4)

TRANSMIT ALGORITHMS
      At this time, the only algorithm for determing the outgoing many hook is
      a simple round-robin delivery algorithm.  Packets are delivered out the
      many hooks in sequential order.

      In the future other algorithms may be added as well.

That would be nice -- in particular, links with different
characteristic capacities and latencies would be nice to bond --
as in a shared DS3 and a 256kb frame relay, my current problem.

We have an expensively idle backup frame relay link which could
be carrying "stuff"  -- even simple parameters such as weighted
preference would suffice.