Date:      Wed, 17 Feb 1999 12:36:15 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Thomas Stephens <tas@stephens.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ksh93?

I am using the version that came on the Walnut Creek CDROM's. I was talking
to the person that got me to try fbsd and he had me type something to set it
up and change shells. It seems like it was already installed and all I had
to do was chsh. I never had to look up anything and that doesn't leave you
with memories in a week much less the four that have elapsed since I
switched. It was in some wierd location like /usr/local/ksh or something. I
can't look up anything because I am replacing a Pentium 200Mhz Windows NT
machine with a 400Mhz P-II and had to use the monitor on the FreeBSD system
to do it. It has problems and getting them resolved has priority. The
trickle down will end up with a faster computer running fbsd.

I use vi as my command line editor from FreeBSD and MSDOS to NT. We didn't
have anything like Emacs on the Cray or HP's and I got used to it. Vi was
considered a resource hog and emacs didn't stand a chance.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA