Date:      Wed, 20 Oct 1999 14:32:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        Ian Clendaniel <clendaniel@chiron.conectiv.com>
Cc:        "Tan, Bun K" <bun.k.tan@intel.com>, "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Kickstart / Jumpstart feature in FreeBSD?

On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, Ian Clendaniel wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
>
> > Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 14:11:55 -0700 (PDT)
> > From: Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
> > To: "Tan, Bun K" <bun.k.tan@intel.com>
> > Cc: "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
> > Subject: Re: Kickstart / Jumpstart feature in FreeBSD?
> >
> > On Tue, 19 Oct 1999, Tan, Bun K wrote:
> >
> > > Is there a Kickstart (Linux) / Jumpstart (SPARC)-like feature in FreeBSD?
> > > Thanks.
> >
> > When mentioning some obscure feature of a system other than FreeBSD
> > it's usually quite helpful to get a url to the obscure feature that
> > you are talking about.
> >
> > Please can we have a url that describes this obscure feature?
>
> Jumpstart is far from an "obscure" feature.  It's an automatted install
> for Solaris (and presumably other flavors).  If you want info on it try
> sunsolve.sun.com and do a search for jumpstart.

Let's define obscure from a FreeBSD user's point of view:

  It's not something in FreeBSD.

Second, i don't want to do a search, i want a URL that leads me directly
too it, i shouldn't have to wade through pages and pages of garbage
just to research an answer for someone else.

What i'm asking if for people to meet me somewhere halfway, perhaps
even quarter of the way there.

Now about the "quick install", we just did something like this
at freebsdcon by using rsync to sync system together.

You can also do a make-world server, the procedure is explained
here:

http://www.nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk/FreeBSD/make-world/make-world.html

specifically:

http://www.nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk/FreeBSD/make-world/make-world.html#TOC-607