Date:      Sun, 14 Feb 1999 22:46:07 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mike Knoll <knollm@lafcol.lafayette.edu>
To:        root@isis.dynip.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tcp wrappers/identing

I just want to log any user info on the connection, not accept or deny the
connection based on the user info.

As for the slow down, if I enable ident'ing on tcpwrappers, it waits until
it knows the connecting party's username before it starts the demon.  If
the connecting party doesn't run ident, this attempt will cause a 10
second delay in the wrapper(the timeout).  I don't want this delay.

I want the connection to, lets say, ftpd, to launch ftpd immediately, and
look up the user name info in the background, since I don't want to filter
based on it.  I just want to log it.

Mike