Date:      Tue, 12 Feb 2002 14:34:50 -0500
From:      "Peter Brezny" <pbrezny@purplecat.net>
To:        "Scott Nolde" <scott@smnolde.com>, "Peter Brezny" <pbrezny@purplecat.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: reboots every 24 hours

So far, I haven't found anything out of the ordinary.

The box is in a secure location with no access except by me.  The box is
pretty well locked down. the only port not completely closed to external
traffic by ipfw is 22, and it's only open from 1 static ip, from my office.

I didn't make myself clear the first time around.

The box reboots exactly 24 hours after the _last_ reboot.  Not at any
particular time of day, but if I restart the box at 2pm, every 2pm (plus the
time it takes to restart) the box will reboot again.

It's bizarre.

it's got to be a timer thing.  But I haven't found anything yet.  I'm the
only person that has access to the box.

Peter Brezny
Skyrunner.net