Date:      Wed, 19 Jan 2000 13:44:11 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: options QUOTA and make clean

Alexey N. Dokuchaev <danfe@ssc.nsu.ru> wrote in list.freebsd-questions:
 > I have a little ? to you guys.  In LINT they say, if I enable this option,
 > I have to make clean.
 >
 > So far, the steps are:
 >
 > make depend && make && make install
 >
 > Seems that if I compile the kernel the fist time, make clean is
 > irrelevant.  Is this true?

Yes, that's tru.

 > Anyways, how should my make-sequence
 > considering make clean?

I'd recommend to use ``config -r YOURKERNEL'', which will
remove any previous kernel build directory completely.
This is probably the most secure way.

Then just do the usual make depend && make && make install.

Regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)