Date:      08 Oct 2002 20:33:34 -0400
From:      Matt Smith <matt@forsetti.com>
To:        Kirk Bailey <idiot1@netzero.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: directory structuer for a web server

I have always like the DNS style layout:
/www   <-- dedicated file system
/www/com/
/www/com/mycomdomain  <-- website for mycomdomain.com
/www/org/
/www/org/myorgdomain  <-- website for myorgdomain.org
etc

this filesystem matches DNS, and LDAP (for authentication and other
info), which makes for some neat scripting possibilities....

-Matt