Date:      Wed, 4 Aug 1999 17:51:52 -0700
From:      "Park, No Il" <No.Il.Park@kla-tencor.com>
To:        "'questions@FreeBSD.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Lexmark 1100 Printer problem

Could Somebody help me? I have a problem to set my Lexmark 1100 printer
under FreeBSD 3.2. When I set up printer and tried to test communicatio to
prinetr by using 'lptest > /dev/lpt0', Prinetr didn't work normaly. I heard
only big noise and hang-up. Also The other function same thing. How can I
do?

System:
E-machines 333id, Intel Celeron 333

Printer:
Lexmark 1100 ink-jet

In kernel file:
device          ppc0 at isa? port? tty irq 7
controller      ppbus0
device          lpt0 at ppbus?

In dmesg:
ppc0            at 0x378 irq 7 on isa
ppc0            GENERIC chipset(EPP/NIBBLE) in Compatible mode
Probing for pnp devices on ppbus0
ppbus0<Lexmark Lexmark 1000> PRINTER LEXELC
lpt0:<generic printer> on ppbus0
lpt0 Interupt-drive port
lpt0:<generic printer> on ppbus0
lpt0 Interupt-drive port

I checked the lpt0 in /dev.
I followed instruction about this one from book. I don't understand what is
problwm. I will appreciate if you give me any idea?

Thanks.

Sincerely yours.

Park, No Il