Date:      Tue, 29 May 2001 16:18:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Chuck Rouillard <chuckr@opus.sandiegoca.ncr.com>
To:        Riley Bonham <baybonhams@mediaone.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: uninstall

On Tue, 29 May 2001, Riley Bonham wrote:

> Dear Sirs,
>
> You are way over my head skill wise.  But I am not an idiot.
> Recently my brother passed away.  He was of your ilk, a genius
> programmer.  I have sadly inherited his computers.  I will donate
> them to his kids, nieces and nephews, and maybe they will enjoy
> growing up with computers.  However, they will not, at their age,
> enjoy BSD.  I need to uninstall BSD so that I can install Windows.
>
> I realize you all don't care for windoze, but these are kids.
> Can you direct me to a site where I can learn to uninstall, so
> that I can use my windows disks?
>
>          thankyou,  Riley Bonham
[text formatted for 80 columns]

Sorry about your recent loss. During installation, Windows
will find other areas of the disk in use. You should be
asked if you want to use the entire disk for a Windows
installation. Say "yes" and the installer will overwrite
the disk's current contents. No 'uninstall' required.

.cr