Date:      Wed, 3 Feb 1999 09:44:27 -0600
From:      Bryan Albright <bryana@uswest.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Mouse/SwitchView problems

Hi all--

I've got a Cybex SwitchView 4 port Keyboard/Mouse/Monitor switcher
that I use with my boxes.  It works fine with FreeBSD 2.2.8-Release
and the *gulp* NT systems I have connected, but when I tried a
FreeBSD 3.0-Release (after setting it up from the 3.0-Release CD
(November 1998) release, it doesn't see the mouse.  I've tried it with
the mouse installed on boot-up and then moving the cabling to use the
SwitchView, but I still get the error messages.

When I boot the box with the mouse through the Cybex SwitchView, I get:
. . . /kernel: mse0 not found at 0x23c
. . . /kernel: psm0 not found at 0x60
(I've re-compiled the kernel with the mse0 mouse option to see if the
Logitech or ATI mouse ports would fix the problem)

When I boot the box with the mouse, it comes up fine and when I startx
the mouse works fine, but when I change the cabling (so the mouse goes
through the SwitchView) I get this:
Fatal server error:
Cannot open Mouse (Input/output error)
. . . /kernel: psm0: failed to enable the device(doopen)
. . . /kernel: psm0: failed to enable the device(doopen)
Xconnection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown)

What can I do to fix this problem?  Should I cvsup the latest, then
make world it?

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Bryan