Date:      Wed, 15 Jul 1998 16:04:09 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com>
To:        Shafeeq Sinnamohideen <shafeeq@cyrus.watson.org>
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: disappearing cdrom w/ Bt948+CAM

In article <Pine.BSF.3.96.980715141257.15910C-100000@fledge.watson.org> you wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jul 1998, Kenneth D. Merry wrote:
>> 	If you do, let me know how it goes.  I'm really not sure what your
>> problem is.  If things don't work properly for you with the new snapshot,
>> my guess is that the only way to find out what's going on will be to send
>> us the drive.  (we can hook it up to a bus analyzer and try to see what the
>> problem is)
>>
>   I'd be happy to do that if it'll help the project, on the other hand,
> is it worth the fuss over a device that's fairly out of date ? If it
> weren't for the fact that it still works with a non-CAM kernel, I'd
> suspect it of having flaked out.
>
> Shafeeq

What is most puzzling about this problem is that the BusLogic driver
has no control over the command once it is sent to the card.  The
firmware on the card executes it for us, and seems to be providing
a perfectly reasonable error code.  The only thing I can think of
is that we might be somehow, indavertantly, setting the selection
timeout lower on the card, but I somehow doubt this.

Sending us the device may help, but, since I'm now without any PCI
BusLogic cards, I'd probably need the card too.

Have you investigated updating the firmware on your card?

--
Justin