Date:      Tue, 17 Jul 2001 21:08:58 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "P. U. (Uli) Kruppa" <root@pukruppa.de>
To:        Donny Lee <donny@CoreBit.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: No mail agent with Linux-Netscape 6.01

>  i just pkg_add the linux-netscape 6.01 into my 5.0-C box,
>  and found there is no mail agent with netscape, a address
>  book there though.
>
>  did i miss any step installing? or this is the default?
I cannot remember exactly. But I think you have to register
with netscape before mail is enabled (some sort of white and
blue splash screen will ask you for it when you start
Netscape6.
In case this was the reason (please check yourself) and you
dislike being registered everywhere, use mozilla (I think
0.9.2 is the latest release) it can do anything as well as
netscape6
[Both only lack one feature: JAVA-support , you
wil have to use good ol' netscape 4.77 or hotjava for that]

Uli.