Date:      Tue, 15 Oct 1996 20:54:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@FreeBSD.org (Satoshi Asami)
To:        rich@rich.isdn.bcm.tmc.edu
Cc:        chuckr@glue.umd.edu, torstenb@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: xpm static library

 * |Just let me jump in here a moment.  All that stuff is controlled by
 * |FreeBSD.cf, which we really ought to get some chance to tweak, you know.
 * |Before it becomes a regular part of a distribution is the right time to
 * |consider it.
 * |
 * |One possibility is to ask that a site.def file be sited in OUR
 * |/usr/share/mk directory, so we could get our own meathooks on part of the
 * |config.
 *
 * Yep, FreeBSD.cf would be the ideal place to '#define
 * ForceNormalLib YES' specificly for FreeBSD.  Would that
 * fix it?  Rich

Yes, that would fix the immediate xpm problem.  However, you may want
to consider why it was removed from bsdLib.rules in the first place. :)

Satoshi