Date:      Wed, 9 Dec 1998 01:22:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        mulder450 <mulder450@desupernet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: No system response

On Wed, 9 Dec 1998, mulder450 wrote:

>When installing FreeBSD on my 486SX computer, I go through the kernel
>configuration process after continuing from this point I get a blue
>screen that says probing devices.  This is all the further that it will
>go.  My system doesn't lock up because when I hit ctrl-alt-delete it
>asks me if I want to quit this installation.  Do you have any
>suggestions on how to get past this.

Did you make sure that you removed all conflicts prior in the visual
configuration editor before you started the probe?

Also, the larger the number of devices that you leave undeleted the longer
it takes to probe.

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/