Date:      Wed, 17 Dec 2003 12:11:57 -0600
From:      "michael Alexander" <linux@milwaukeevalve.com>
To:        "'Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P.'" <kdk@daleco.biz>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Load new drivers during install

> Any chance you're talking about the "do kernel configuration
> in full-screen visual mode" stuff?  That's just for old ISA hardware,
> *IIRC*.  On most modern systems you can delete that whole list
> and everything still works.
>=20
> The GENERIC kernel already contains support for the mly driver
> (Acceleraid/eXtremeraid).
>=20
> What's the onboard NIC?
>=20
> Kevin Kinsey
> DaleCo, S.P.

Yes, the visual mode kernel config screen is part of what I'm talking =
about.

So I should just skip that process then?

One Item I found about the setup at intels site
http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/n440bx/mega_ovw.htm

Regarding using zero channel raid, is that the driver for the onboard =
scsi
controller should not be loaded.  Is it possible that the install is =
sensing
that controller and loading it?  I am driving the RAID array from the
onboard connection (no compatible connectors on the card, so I can't run =
it
off the card) so it is a zcr configuration.  I have made sure the card =
is in
the proper slot as listed, and that the bios changes have been made as =
well.
(they were already set to those options)

The NIC is a intel EtherExpress Pro/100+  but that would be a non-issue =
now
if the kernel config is only for legacy products.

-Mike