Date:      Fri, 20 Nov 2009 01:18:10 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mark Terribile <materribile@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   7.2, usb mouse, uhub0: device problem (IOERROR), disabling port 3

Hi,

I just put 7.2 on an Asus P5N7A-VM motherboard (running with a Core II Quad 2.33).  This motherboard has a PS/2 connector for the keyboard but not for the mouse.  When I plug a USB mouse in, or connect a PS/2 mouse through an appropriate green adaptor (PS/2 mouse/USB) I get the following error on the console and in /var/log/messages:

Nov 17 15:35:11 silver kernel: uhub0: device problem (IOERROR), disabling port 3

I've tried different USB ports and gotten similar errors.  To run an X display I will need (well, very much want) a mouse.

Can anyone offer advice on what I must or can do?

Thanks,

    Mark A. Terribile