Date:      Sun, 07 Jul 1996 03:00:17 -0400
From:      Gary Chrysler <tcg@ime.net>
To:        Sridhar Krishnan <skrishna@cisco.com>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.de>, FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 2.1 Help

Sridhar Krishnan wrote:

> Thanks taking the time to respond.
>
> 1. cu -l cuaa0
> says "connected". Then when I type "ATDTE1Q0", I am expecting "OK".
> Nothing happens. When I quit out with ~. it takes a minute to disconnect.
> Yet another person aksed me disable PnP (plug and Play) option. I do not
> know how-to. I'll give it a try. It is an internal modem and it is hard
> to diagnose without any lights. I also tried cu -x9 -l cuaa0. Did not
> help since there is no response from the modem. It is an MWave 28.8
> Internal modem.

Combining commands and settings in the same string makes many brain
dead modems choke and puke!

For testing, Set you modem speaker on (most are default on)
ATM1L3 <enter> (should get OK)
ATDT <enter> (should get dialtone)

To disable the PnP, See you modem manual! It's probably a Jumper
or dip switch!

-Enjoy
Gary
Improve America's Knowledge... Share yours
The Borg... Where minds meet
(207) 929-3848