Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 2002 12:45:07 -0300 (ART)
From:      Fernando Gleiser <fgleiser@cactus.fi.uba.ar>
To:        <lists@brenius.com>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: How to remove multiple IP's off NIC

On Tue, 18 Jun 2002 lists@brenius.com wrote:

> How would this compare to editing the rc.conf file? I just got a suggestion to do
> this, but I am not sure of the differences.

In fact, you need to do both. If you edit rc.conf, you need to reboot to
activate the changes. with my method, you don't need to reboot but you
need to edit rc.conf anyway so the aliases aren't loaded the next time
you boot the machine.

I always try to avoid rebooting. This isn't windows =0)
And I try to teach others ways to admin a host without rebooting for
every change they make.

			Fer