Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2007 07:47:29 +0100 (CET)
From:      Konrad Heuer <kheuer2@gwdg.de>
To:        Pranav Sawargaonkar <pranav.sawargaonkar@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Source code for user utilities

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007, Pranav Sawargaonkar wrote:

> Can any one tell me from where i can get source code of user level utilities
> (eg. ls, top etc.)
> Does FreeBSD also uses coreutils  for  these  user  utilities  like  linux
> does ?

The source code is part of the FreeBSD distribution; you can find it
(e.g.) in:

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/6.2-RELEASE/src/

FreeBSD does not use coreutils. FreeBSD source code is based on the
4.4BSD-Lite2 source code developed at the university of California in
Berkeley.

Best regards

Konrad Heuer
GWDG, Am Fassberg, 37077 Goettingen, Germany, kheuer2@gwdg.de