Date:      Thu, 6 Jun 2002 15:44:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Robert F. Ross" <rross@recourse.com>
To:        Bill Huey <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
Cc:        "Robert F. Ross" <rross@recourse.com>, Jan Grant <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>, freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: green vs. native threads

Ah. The process appears to actually function and do everything it's
supposed to, so I don't think it's the SIGSEGV issue (I'm still not sure
what the libc_r signal debugging stuff is, I don't debug stuff on freebsd
often). The most likely thing from the replies I've seen is that the
pthread library is busywaiting during select() or something. It does
everything it's supposed to but tends to burn 100% cpu even when it
shouldn't need to.

Robert Ross
Senior Software Engineer
Recourse Technologies, Inc.