Date:      Tue, 4 May 1999 15:07:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Spidey <spidey@jsp.umontreal.ca>
To:        James Wyatt <jwyatt@RWSystems.net>
Cc:        Joe <flaboy@gnv.fdt.net>, Stuart Henderson <stuart@eclipse.net.uk>, junkmale@xtra.co.nz, Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: configuring sendmail to be more anonymous.

# location of help file
O HelpFile=/usr/share/misc/sendmail.hf

but strangely....

#  less /usr/share/misc/sendmail.hf
[..]
smtp    Topics:
smtp            HELO    EHLO    MAIL    RCPT    DATA
smtp            RSET    NOOP    QUIT    HELP    VRFY
smtp            EXPN    VERB    ETRN    DSN
smtp    For more info use "HELP <topic>".
smtp    To report bugs in the implementation send email to
smtp            sendmail-bugs@sendmail.org.
smtp    For local information send email to Postmaster at your site.
[...]

There is nowhere to remove the "This is sendmail 8.x.x" message... hum...