Date:      Sat, 22 May 1999 20:49:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Hoss Firooznia <hfir@math.rochester.edu>
To:        Chris Costello <chris@calldei.com>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OpenBSD's logo changed...

On Sat, 22 May 1999, Chris Costello wrote:

>    I just noticed OpenBSD's logo had changed -- and it's much
> worse, it doesn't even feature the BSD daemon anymore!

Have a look at the CDROM cover, and you'll notice there's still a beastie
(or two) to be found.  The cop himself appears to be a daemon (albeit a
strongly anthropomorphized one), and his badge makes the connection even
more explicit:

    <URL:http://www.openbsd.org/images/openbsd25_cover.gif>;

> Anyone happen to know when and why?

As of the 2.5 release, and because it looks cool? :-)

- Hoss